Jenni Field’s mom’s recipe for cranberry orange pound cake is a family favorite and one that is requested by friends for holidays and special events.
Servings: 16 servings
My mom may have found this recipe in a Southern Living about 25-30 years ago. It is one of our family's favorites, and it's also a favorite with some of our neighbors. When we had Thanksgiving at our friends' house a couple of years ago, my friend requested my mom bring this pound cake! It's hard to beat the orange-cranberry combination, especially when it's in a tall and proud pound cake!
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and orange peel.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Beat on low just until blended.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a nonstick 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350 65-70 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out on rack to cool completely.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.5mg
MESSAGES FROM OUR ADVERTISERS